GROW LOCAL. SHOP LOCAL. EAT LOCAL.
The Future of the Empire Market
In December of 2016, the Empire District Electric Company donated to Downtown Joplin Alliance over 33,000 sq ft of buildings on 3.34 acres in the heart of Joplin. The primary structure, which now houses the Empire Market on the ground floor and rental workspace on the second floor, was built in 1907 and is located at 4th & Railroad.
Our Goals for the Capital Campaign
In order to take our vision for the Joplin Empire Market to the next level, our facility will need to change. A fully-funded capital campaign will allow us to:
- Make critical repairs to our roof
- Construct a commercial kitchen, allowing our vendors more opportunities for onsite food prep and value-added products
- Reconstruction of the former truck bays to create an open-air Farmers Pavilion and Event Venue
- Expansion of the current Market Halls
- Remodeling the 2nd floor as a coworking space, with private offices and classrooms
What We’ve Accomplished So Far
In The News
Congratulations to our own Ivy Hagedorn and Lori Haun, for winning the Outstanding Economic Impact Project award at this year's Missouri Main Street Connection Conference in St. Louis! See below for press release details. "Downtown Joplin’s Empire Market has quickly...