Two Ways to Shop the Empire Market
Join us every Saturday, all year long from 10a-2p in our indoor historic location. Shop with vendors in our Lineman’s Hall, Foreman’s Hall, and Engineer’s Hall every week!
We also offer Empire Curbside, for both convenience and safety. Customers may place their orders from Tuesdays 8p-Thursdays 8p each week, for drive-up pickup on Saturday 10:30a-12:30p at the Empire Market, located at 931 E 4th St, Joplin, MO.
Start shopping now using the button below!
WHAT IS THE EMPIRE MARKET?
The Empire Market is a growing food-centric public market. You might have been to something similar in other cities including Kansas City’s River Market, Soulard Market in St. Louis or Pike Place Market in Seattle. Opening in late April of 2018, the Empire Market has 20-25 vendors each week, all selling items they have made or grown themselves. You won’t find any veggies with stickers here!
The Empire Market is an economic and community centerpiece that strengthens and engages the entire city. A vibrant four-season market where you can find the best of what this area has to offer; produce, meats, cheeses, wine, beer, crafters, artisans and any number of other vendors, set up in a collection of permanent and rotating stalls.
In December of 2016, the Empire District Electric Company donated to the Downtown Joplin Alliance over 33,000 square feet of buildings on 3.34 acres in the center of Joplin. The primary structure, built in 1907, is located at 4th and Railroad. Downtown Joplin Alliance has re-purposed this historic building and its attached 11,000 sqft. garage as the new four-season Empire Market.
WHERE IS IT AND WHEN CAN I VISIT?
The Empire Market is located at 931 E. 4th Street in Joplin, Missouri. It is open from 10 AM to 2 PM every Saturday. We have a convenient parking located in the lot directly East of the Market.
WHAT CAN YOU FIND AT THE MARKET?
We welcome vendors from up to 150 miles away, bringing you the best of local products. Buying from the Empire Market helps strengthen the local economy by supporting locally grown food. Local food growers and producers prosper by having a marketplace for their products, and residents have access to high quality, nutritious, locally grown foods.
Farmers & Growers
Meat & Pasture Raised
- Build local economy for East Town neighborhood as well as the greater Joplin area
- Increase access to fresh, nutritious, local foods
- Support and encourage healthy community
- Act as an incubator for small entrepreneurs
- Improve public health nutrition options
- Provide a vehicle to educate the community on nutrition and good health
- Assist area farmers, producers, and artisans with sustainable business opportunities
- Generate a sense of local pride while furthering the economic development of our community
- Serve as a community gathering place
- Destination anchor to attract regional visitors and tourists
- Farmers’ Market
- Artisan Market
- Restaurant/prepared food
- Coffee shop
- Commissary kitchen for food truck usage
- Commercial kitchen for small food-based startups
- Classrooms and conference rooms
- Food hub for shelters and soup kitchens
- Community gardens
- Education and outreach for food and community betterment
- Cultural center with live music and art
- Festivals and events
- Lineman tribute space
EMPIRE MARKET ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Become a Vendor
Learn more about being a vendor at the Joplin Empire Market. Read frequently asked questions and submit your application online today!
Be a part of something big! The Community Garden allows you to plant and grow your crops in a designated area at the Joplin Empire Market.
Downtown Joplin Alliance offers many sponsorship opportunites. For each event, your logo and/or business name is on all printed materials, recognition in news releases, newsletters, emails, and social media. Sponsors of larger events may also receive recognition on signage, t-shirts, TV, newspaper, and radio ads.
How Can I Get Involved?
We have many opportunities available for those of you who want to lend a hand and volunteer your time. Click the button below to find out how you can get involved in contributing to the improvement of our community!